Completely grain-free and made without added sugar or oil, each THICK slice of this cake is only 95 calories and boasts 10 grams of protein. This protein cake TASTES decadent but is perfect as a pre-workout snack or a healthy dessert!
This recipe honestly couldn’t be easier. Two bowls, 1 bread pan, and 35 minutes in the oven. I love the way this comes together super fast and has your house smelling like cake within minutes!
I had thought about adding a peanut butter swirl throughout the cake but decided to keep the Oreo flavor strong by using both Cookies and Cream protein powder and a crumbled Oreo on top.
These are super high in fiber due to the coconut flour and takes on an angel food cake consistency when eaten cold.
I love eating it in frozen greek yogurt as an ‘angel food cake parfait’, topping it with Greek yogurt, or eating as a dessert with peanut butter or original Essentially Coconut coconut butter on top!
Cookies n’ Cream Protein Cake
(Original recipe from: Angela’s Fit Life)
1/2 cup coconut flour
1 tsp baking powder
4 oz plain, non-fat greek yogurt
1 cup egg whites, from carton
1/2 cup unsweetened Silk cashew milk
1 Oreo cookie
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a 9 inch bread pan with cooking spray.
- Combine all dry ingredients in a medium bowl and try to break up any clumps of coconut flour.
- Combine all wet ingredients in a large bowl.
- Dump dry ingredients into wet ingredients and mix to combine.
- Pour batter into bread pan and crumble 1 Oreo on top of batter.
- Cook for 30-35 minutes until golden brown on edges and set in the middle.
- Keep refrigerated and eat cold for the best texture.
Stats (Makes 8 slices):
Carbs: 6 grams
Protein: 10 grams
Fat: 3 grams