Oh, December. Filled with potlucks, holiday parties, cookie exchanges and celebrations that make it difficult to find the motivation or time to eat healthy.
Many friends and family members have decided that December will be a ‘wash’ and they’ll start their healthy eating goals in January. DON’T DO THIS!
Finding easy swaps like using SPLENDA® Naturals Stevia Sweetener instead of sugar in recipes, or bringing a healthy option to a holiday party can make such a difference.
You’ll avoid the stress of trying to find something healthy to eat, plus avoid the blood sugar crash that comes with eating a large amount of sugar (without fiber). Hey, I’ll still eat my fair share of cookies because moderation of all foods is important.
This chocolate chip cashew banana bread has absolutely no added sugar (not even maple syrup/honey/agave), incorporates ingredients you already have in your pantry, and uses only one bowl so you can dump, pour, bake and eat (or bring to those holiday potlucks and parties).
I used SPLENDA® Naturals Stevia Sweetener in place of sugar, and I used ground oats and coconut flour in place of white flour. A common misconception is that SPLENDA® Naturals is a blend of sucralose and stevia, but SPLENDA® Naturals does not contain ANY sucralose! I love using SPLENDA® Naturals Stevia in recipes as there is NO bitter aftertaste so you can’t tell the difference!
The bread is super moist and I added dark chocolate chips in the batter and on top for a little extra decadence. I used cashew butter, but you can use peanut or almond butter and I bet it would work just as great. I also used 1/4 cup of coconut flour to give it a sweeter, denser texture but you could omit if you don’t have it on hand. Make this for your next potluck or holiday party and enjoy the holidays without having to ‘restart’ in January!
I’ve partnered with the amazing team at SPLENDA® Brand for this post but, as always, all opinions are my own.
Chocolate Chip Cashew Banana Bread
- 3 large ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup cashew butter (or any nut butter)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 cup oats, ground into flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 8 packets SPLENDA® Naturals Stevia Sweetener
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips, reserving 1/4 cup for top of bread
- Preheat oven to 350°F and grease a bread pan with coconut oil spray.
- In a large bowl, mash ripe bananas and add eggs, cashew butter, almond milk. oats, coconut flour, SPLENDA® Naturals Stevia Sweetener, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, and vanilla extract. Stir to combine.
- Fold in 1/2 cup of chocolate chips.
- Pour into greased bread pan and top with remaining chocolate chips.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes until a toothpick stuck in the center comes out clean.