For those of you who have been following me on my journey, I finally gave birth to a beautiful baby girl named Harper, 7lbs and 10 ounces born on November 15 after she spent 40 weeks and 3 days in my belly. I was flooded with questions in my DM’s about my experience of giving birth and I wanted to sit down and answer as many questions as I could.
During this week’s Deats with Deanna, I talked about my birth story with my husband Zack! I have always been open with you guys and sharing my experience with pregnancy and giving birth is definitely something I wanted to do. I covered everything from having to schedule an induction (which does NOT make you a failure) and allowing my body to do what it needed to do, what my hospital experience was like, and why it felt nice to labor while I was sitting on the toilet.
I honestly had no idea what to expect going into labor (despite reading some things online), however, I hope you find this podcast episode as well as blog post a source of education that will help you learn more about what you might expect during pregnancy. For me my contractions happened so quickly, it felt like one second I was checking into the hospital and the next moment I was in a lot of pain (it was worth it though). Everyone’s birth story is different and at the end of the day, you are a rockstar for giving birth no matter your birth story!
In this episode, we covered:
- Leading up to the birth: dealing with a scheduled induction and trying to listen to my body
- Checking into the hospital, preparing my body for birth and taking Pitocin
- Dilation, dealing with contractions and getting an epidural: everything moves really quickly
- What labour actually feels like and getting ready for the actual birthing part
- Time to start pushing: trying to remain calm, feeling scared and baby’s heart rate dropping
- Answers to your questions in my DMs
Head to Apple Podcasts, Spotify, or your favorite podcast platform to hear my Birth Story on Deats with Deanna. This episode is sponsored by Food Freedom Breakthrough, my three-month transformative online group coaching program. Enroll here.